Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I am happy to report that we had a wonderful Christmas this year and made a lot of great memories. Drew gave me quite a scare two days before Christmas and I thought we were heading to the hospital but somehow he pulled through. Then on Christmas Eve morning he gave me a huge scare and I thought for sure we were headed to the hospital but he was able to pull through again. He even was able to make it to my grandparents for Christmas Eve to celebrate with the family. I know he didn't feel well when he was there, but I think he enjoyed himself and was glad to be there. We woke up Christmas morning and Santa completely spoiled Aubrey. She was so excited about all her presents and the baby slept through the whole thing. Mid-morning we went to my parents to open presents and had a great time. Drew had a rough patch mid-day but luckily it wasn't bad like the previous couple of days. That night Drew's mom came over and brought us dinner along with Drew's stepmom. Aubrey was super excited to get even more presents.

This past week has been very emotional for Drew and I. He had 3 episodes that were horrible and he was in excruating pain. It is so hard to watch him go through it because I can't help him and everything is out of our control. We have done a lot of crying together over the past few days because it really did feel like things were going from bad to worse in just a short time. He has been doing better lately and has spent a lot of quality time with Aubrey playing with her new toys. Drew also has spent a lot ot time with Quinn feeding her and loving her. Today is chemo day and our hope, as always, is that the chemo will help him feel better and take away some of his pain. We always hold on to that glimmer of hope that Drew will be able to wake up one morning and feel like himself again and be able to do whatever he wants to.

2 comments:

  1. Kerri, we continue to pray Drew and your entire family. I hope 2011 is the year that brings healing for Drew and takes the pain away from all of you. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri,

    Your strength and perseverence is amazing. PUMC is praying for Drew, you, and your beautiful family. Please let me know if there's anything we can do - come visit you at your home, bring you communion since Drew's unable to make it to the church right now... anything, just let us know!

    Pastor Kathy

    ReplyDelete