Tuesday, January 18, 2011
2011
I can remember sitting in the oncologist office on December 21, 2009 when we were told that Drew was had no evidence of disease or "remission". It was a wonderful Christmas present and we were very hopeful for 2010. 2010 started off great, but it was short lived. In February we went on a cruise to the caribbean and had a fabulous time. Looking back I am so grateful we took this trip and that is was just the two of us. It was the last time where things would be care free. During the cruise Drew was having back pain and on the last day of the cruise his stomach was bothering him considerably. I was starting to get nervous that things weren't as good as they seemed, but I didn't want to think about it. In late February we got the news that the cancer was back and I immediately sent all his paperwork to 8 docs who perform the HIPEC procedure. We were hopeful that this procedure was Drew's cure or at least it would give him a year or 2 of being cancer free. Unfortunately the past 10 months have been a rollercoaster. As soon as Drew starts doing well, something else goes wrong and we are 2 steps back again. 2010 hasn't been a good year, but it did bring us Quinn. It is hard to believe I was pregnant during all this chaos and that I gave birth to a beautiful healthy little girl. I have to admit, I am scared as to what 2011 will bring but my daughters give me strength and peace in a time of chaos and uncertainty. We live each day for today and not for tomorrow, we are as positive as possible and take things one day at a time. I hope for a miracle, but I am also thankful for each day and try not to look to far into the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kerri- You, Drew, and your two gorgeous girls are always in my thoughts and prayers. Sending so much love. Alexa Gilpin
ReplyDeleteKerri& Drew
ReplyDeleteI got the pleasure of meeting your little Quinn, and want you to know how beautiful she is. I am just so sorry you are going through such a horrible thing. If you need any help please I'd love to be able to be there for you.
Your in our prayers....Love Judy & Bruce
Our prayers continue. Kerri, keep finding the light in those beautiful little girls of yours. Thinking of your family always. Love, Kelley
ReplyDeleteour prayers continue for you guys... steven,janet and roselyn
ReplyDeleteXOXO Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteKerri,
ReplyDeleteYou are such an amazing and strong person. I applaud you for being so positive amidst all that your family has been going through. You are a pillar of strength. We love you guys and pray for you always.