It has been a little over a week now since I have been a mother of two, and so far things have gone much smoother than expected. Every time I say that I am scared that I am going to jinx myself, but Quinn is such a wonderful baby life with two has been good. Quinn sleeps a lot, so that has given me a lot of one on one time with Aubrey and I think it has helped her to adjust. Aubrey also loves being a big sister so whenever Quinn is awake she is all over her wanting to play, hold her, feed her, etc. Quinn has been sleeping all afternoon today so I am a little nervous she will have me up all night, but so far the nights haven't been too bad. She is so different than Aubrey. Aubrey was always ready to play, even at a week old. She rarely napped at this age and was always on the go, it is very strange having a newborn that acts like a newborn. I am grateful my second child is the easy one and not the other way around.
Drew has had a few rough patches over the past few days. He had an adrenaline rush when Quinn was born and went non-stop for 4 days so I think over the weekend he crashed and burned a bit. I am very thankful that he was able to be with me when Quinn was born and that he was able to spend so much time with us at the hospital. Drew loves watching Quinn and of course we think she is just perfect in every way, she is such a blessing. Today has been a very rough day for Drew and we are hoping he will start feeling better this evening and tomorrow, but it has been a bad day. He had a doctor's appt. yesterday that was a little rough and he is feeling the effects of it today. Drew says he is starting to feel better, so my fingers are crossed. We really don't want to be heading to the hospital over the holiday but we will somehow find a way to make it through. When Drew felt so good last week we were hoping it would continue at least through Christmas, hopefully he will come around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment