Drew, Aubrey and I are happy to announce the birth of our daughter Quinn Elliot Armstrong. Quinn was born on Monday December 13th at 9:41am. She was 6 lbs 15 oz and 19 in. The birth was fairly easy and the recovery so far has been better than I expected. We gave Quinn her Daddy's middle name (Elliot) because we know she is going to be a strong, brave and courageous person just like Drew.
I had a c-section because I had an emergency c-section with Aubrey and this time around things have gone a lot smoother. Drew was with me during delivery and meeting his daughter brought him to tears. He was able to go with Quinn to the nursery, cut the umbilical cord and introduce her to our parents for the first time. Everyone was overjoyed, especially Aubrey. So far she is very excited to be a big sister. Aubrey came back Monday night to really see her sister for the first time and all she wanted to do was hold her and play with her. It was such a wonderful thing to see. Unfortunately Aubrey was sick over the weekend and is still fighting some sort of cold so she hasn't gotten to see Quinn as much as we would like. Now the goal is to get Aubrey 100% better before Quinn and I come home tomorrow. Quinn seems to be a very calm tranquil baby. She doesn't cry much at all and pretty much just sleeps and eats. She has been a wonderful baby and is truly a blessing. We have had a lot of visitors and so many of people have reached out to us to say congratulations. Thanks to all of you, it means a lot. Drew and I overjoyed to have Quinn here before the holidays and we look forward to bringing her home.
No comments:
Post a Comment