Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this past week and we were all able to enjoy ourselves over the nice long weekend. We usually go to dinner at both my family and Drew's family's, this year we decided to take it easy so we just went to one. We spent the day at Drew's mom's house and had a nice quiet day. Aubrey and I spent the morning making pies and Drew took it easy before we headed out to the festivities, overall Drew had a really good day. Drew's brother was also in town for the week so he helped Drew do some projects around the house and put our Christmas lights up outside.

Aubrey also had a very busy weekend. We visited with lots of family and friends from out of town and she had a blast playing with her cousins and my friend's children. She even went to the Broward County Fair with her grandparents and I think she tired them out more herself.

As always I am very thankful for my family and friends. I honestly don't know how to show my appreciation to all of you. So many people call, text, email all the time just to say "thinking of you" and everyone always offers to help. It means so much to us! Friends bring us dinner, people offer to watch Aubrey, go to the store, etc. and just knowing that there are so many people out there who care gives us comfort. I know I don't take many people up on their offers, I get spoiled with my parents being right here, but I know I can count on you if I need you and we are so lucky to have you. We are also so thankful that we work for family and that we don't have to worry about Drew losing his job or any financial stress. For me, being able to work from home and be home with Drew is a blessing, I don't know how anyone would do this otherwise. If we were still in Orlando, I don't know how we would do this from a job or childcare standpoint, we are very grateful to our family. This Thanksgiving I am very thankful for all of you and my wonderful husband. Drew has been through so much, continues to go through so much, and fights so hard for Aubrey and I. I am so thankful he was able to enjoy Thanksgiving and has had a decent week. Each day he has been able to do a little more and we hope that it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment