Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Drew

Unfortunately Drew took a turn for the worst on Sunday and we brought him to the hospital yesterday. His kidney's are shutting down along with a few other problems and things are not looking good. He is going to be in hospice today and it looks like he is losing his battle. Drew has been such a fighter and continues to fight for our family but it is time to let him go. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I love him with all my heart and soul and I don't want him to suffer anymore. I can't believe I am putting this on my blog but it is the only way I know how to let everyone know what is going on. Aubrey and Quinn are coming to see him this afternoon and hopefully he will be able to interact with them somewhat. I am so thankful that we have two beautiful daughters and they will somehow get me through this difficult time. This is so unfair

4 comments:

  1. It is so very unfair and I hate that you guys have to go through this. Drew is a great man, father and husband. We are thinking about you guys today love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerri,
    I found your blog through some old friends from St. Thomas on FB awhile back. I had been checking in over the months to see how your husband has been doing. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time. I also wanted to share this verse with you.
    Isaiah 33:2 - LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

    Praying,
    Tina Walsh Tisdale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri, I am just so sorry for all that you & Drew have gone through...Your right, this is not fair.....I just want you to know your husband was always such a gentleman and a kind person to me when I was going through my difficult time. He will always have a special place in our hearts. I want you to know if I can help in anyway with your babies please let me know...We are here for you Kerri...So so sorry...Love you both.
    Judy and Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kerri,

    I'm so very sorry. This is not fair. You are such a beautiful woman, and it tears at my heart so much that you and your two beautiful daughters have to go through this.

    When Jesus was dying on the cross, he cried out in agony, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Jesus knows what it feels like to suffer. He understands pain and agony.

    I know that God is wrapping his arms around you and crying with you as you go through this.

    You are in my prayers. Please let me or the church know if there is anything we can do.

    Love,
    Pastor Kathy
    954-254-3329

    ReplyDelete