Thursday, October 21, 2010

Orlando Fun!

We headed up to Orlando a couple of weeks ago for our friend's wedding and had a wonderful time. We also extended the stay a few extra days to go to Disney with Aubrey and to enjoy some family time. We were a little worried that the trip wasn't going to happen, on Wednesday morning Drew woke up with a low grade fever which is never a good sign. He had been having some trouble with his drains and we were worried the combination of the two was an infection. Luckily we have some antibiotics on hand in case Drew runs a fever so he took some of those and stayed in bed for the day. Due to a small miracle, the fever was gone by early morning and he felt better. My original plan was for Drew to take it easy Thursday morning while Aubrey and I got mani and pedi's for the wedding then we would head up to Orlando around noon so Drew could have some downtime in the hotel before Mickey's Halloween party. Well that didn't happen! Drew felt good so he went to work all morning, we left about an hour later than we wanted, and only had about 1-2 hours in the hotel before we left for Disney. Drew's drains started giving him some trouble again so he spent the downtime working on his drains and not relaxing. I knew he wasn't feeling good, but he wanted to go so we did. Overall we had a good time, but it was packed with people and Drew was really struggling and not doing well which makes everything a lot more stressful. We left around 10:30, got on the monorail, and realized that Drew lost the car keys. We headed back to magic kingdom to look for them. Lost and found didn't have them so Drew retraced his steps in the park, no luck. I was about to breakdown in tears and after an hour of looking we decided to check lost and found once more before we called a cab and due to another small miracle someone had just turned in the keys. Thank god!


On Friday Drew took it easy at the hotel while Aubrey and I hit the pool, then it was time for the wedding rehearsal. Aubrey was the flower girl and Drew was a groomsman so I was very excited to watch the two of them. Aubrey was so excited to walk down the aisle, she told a few of the bridesmaids that she has been practicing for a year. My parents went to the wedding as well, so they took Aubrey out to dinner so Drew and I could go to the rehearsal dinner by ourselves. We had a great time catching up with Kris and Amy's families and their friends. It was also nice to be back in Orlando again, we really loved living there.

Saturday was the big day for the wedding. Aubrey got her hair done with the girls and did a great job sitting patiently, Drew rested for the morning and then we were off. Aubrey did a fantastic job walking down the aisle and was very good in church during the mass. I was very worried that I would have a flower girl that was out of control during the mass, but when you promise them a princess cupcake toy little girls tend to cooperate. Drew did a great job as well and looked very handsome in his tux. Amy looked beautiful and Father Kevin did a great job with the service, it was a very nice ceremony.

Aubrey had so much fun at the reception, as soon as we arrived she found some little kids to play with and had a ball. During cocktail hour she ran around so much that she had a huge rip in her dress, by the end of the night her whole dress was ripped apart. The room looked beautiful and it was a great party. Aubrey danced the night away and we had a great time watching her. Drew had to leave that morning around 11:00 am and it was a very long day for him so unfortunately he was not feeling well by the end of the day and had to leave the reception around 8:30. With everything that has been going on, we were just thankful he could attend and enjoy himself for part of the time.



Sunday we went to Seaworld for the afternoon and switched hotels in order to stay at the Grand Floridian. Seaworld was fun, but packed as well. Aubrey really liked watching the dolphins and seals. We were very excited to splurge and stay at the Grand Floridian, it was so worth it. We checked into the hotel around 4:00 that day and took it easy for the night. The next day we woke up bright and early to go to the magic kingdom. We went to breakfast with Winnie the Pooh in the park at 8:00Am, it was great. It was so nice to be in the park before it opened, something that I would love to do again, and Aubrey loved seeing all the characters. When I can be with Drew all day I put him on a strict pain management schedule, so I was all over him and had his pills ready every 4 hours which really seemed to help. He had a great day with us at the park and it was so nice spending time with just the 3 of us. Aubrey feel asleep in her stroller around 12:30 so we ate lunch and then Aubrey was still sleeping around 2:30 so Drew decided to head back to the hotel to nap while I waited for Aub to wake up and watch the parade. She woke up right around 3:00 before the parade and loved the parade. We then spent the rest of the day eating ice-cream, seeing the princesses, and we went on a couple of rides. We met Drew back at the hotel around 6:00 and went to dinner at the hotel. It was a great day!

We left the next morning after hitting up downtown disney. It is hard to imagine that this whole time I was 30 weeks pregnant as well because we did so much walking and running around, but luckily if I am in "go" mode I am fine and feel great, when I sit down to relax is when I feel it. All weekend I felt great, and then when we walked around downtown disney I started to really feel it and walked a lot slower than usual. It was a busy weekend and we were ready to go home. We had a wonderful weekend with wonderful memories. Things have been rough lately, but we really try to enjoy each day and live in each day. We don't think too far into the future and enjoy the time together that we have. Drew's quality of life has not been good the past few months and I was so thankful that he could go on this trip and enjoy at least some of it. The best day he had was the last day when we went to disney, which was the most important one for me because it meant so much to Aubrey and she was so excited to be at disney. Her face lights up whenever she sees any characters and she loved riding the rides, Aubrey is truly a blessing to us and I don't know what we would do without her.

I posted our pictures from the weekend on facebook, but can't figure out how to get the link on here. If you would like a link to our photo album, please let me know and we would be happy to share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment