Thursday, April 1, 2010

Drew is out of ICU

I left Drew at about 8:30 last night and of course as soon as I left they moved him out of ICU into a private room. The nurses wanted to put Drew in a wheelchair to move him but instead he insisted on walking the whole way. It is a decent walk for a normal person and for one who just had surgery, it is a very long walk. He sure is tough!

Drew is very talkative this morning and looks great. He said he slept good last night and he should sit in a chair and do some walking this afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of you guys so much..I'm so glad to hear that things are going good. Tell him we miss him and he should bring home some of those backless gowns just so you can wear them around the house later :-) J/K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Drew I am so happy that you are doing great like usually. Always new you were a fighter. And that you could do anything keep it up we will see you soon. Melanie Palumbo Sandoval Wright( wow what a long name)# 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerri, You are so right about Drew being tough.
    He gets up and walks to his new room and I ask Irene to bring me a glass of water all the way from the kitchen!
    We are all missing you guys around here and will be very happy to see you when you get home. Hope some of Drew's toughness wears off on me-ouch, just got a paper cut!??? Bob,Irene and Indy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drew your McFamily has you and the family in our thoughts and prayers! Keep the Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  5. drew glad to hear you are doing better and that things went well. take care and will see you soon sheryl

    ReplyDelete