Saturday, July 10, 2010

Drew is Home

Drew came home from the hospital yesterday at about 5:00. Yesterday was a very rough day. Drew was in a good amount of pain yesterday and it was hard to control. The pain came from the bile duct tubing poking and pulling his sides as well as he gets this continued pain by his prostate. The intervention radiologist team came by to show me how to change his dressings for the tubes. It was not a fun experience. Drew was in a lot of pain from them pulling off the tape and having to move the tubes around. Luckily the dressings are easy to change and it will be something I can do myself but it will most likely hurt each time. They will need to be changed once or twice a week. Drew has to take it easy with these new tubes as well which he is not happy about and it is going to be very difficult to take a shower, etc. We are really hoping and praying that this is not a permanent thing. Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for all you are going through. We continue to pray for Drew and for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep fighting, Drew! And Kerri...you're amazing! You are gonna get through this and as Dan says, "He's gonna have one hell of a story to tell one day." XOXOXO Kelley & Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope tomarrow is a better day. I wish I could make it better.
    Love you guys, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. St. Winifred FriendsJuly 13, 2010 at 1:28 PM

    Your "Pittsburgh Family" continues to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate you keeping us updated on this Blog. We hope you can feel the love and support coming your way from us up in PA!

    Fr. Kevin, Patty and Mary

    ReplyDelete