Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Drew came home from the hospital on Friday, it is soooo good to have him home. Aubrey was napping when he arrived and when she woke up from her nap Drew was there to greet her. She was so excited to see him. Friday night Aubrey had her vacation bible school end of camp show and we all went to see her. She was not interested in performing, but it was nice just be there together. After the show we took Aubrey out for ice cream and she had a blast. Saturday Drew even felt good enough to go out to breakfast, do some shopping and then go with Aubrey and I to her friend Lily's bday party. It was nice just being the three of us.

Aubrey woke Drew up on Sunday morning with Father's Day presents and a big Happy Father's Day wish. We all sat outside for awhile enjoying the peace and quiet, went to breakfast and bass pro shops. Drew was feeling good, decent, but not great until early afternoon. This afternoon he has been a in a lot of pain and just does not feel good. Now both Aubrey and Drew are napping so hopefully he can get some rest and feel better when he wakes up.

This whole thing is so frustrating and scary. I just want Drew to feel good and be able to enjoy the day. I want him to be able to do whatever he wants and not to spend part or all of the day in pain or discomfort. We meet with the oncologist on the 28th and hopefully we will have some sort of answers on where to go from here. I can't believe the cancer is back after only 3 months and that he hasn't felt good for 3 months. It sucks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri.
    So glad Drew got to spend Fathers Day with Aubrey. Also congrats to both you Drew & Aubrey. I pray for you all. I am sure you have got to be scared. Its terrible to see the one you love go through so much. I hope they can help him soon and without anymore pain. Also I got to see him at your Moms last week & he looked great. I wish you all well & you are all in my prayers...Love Judy and Bruce McPhee

    ReplyDelete